You’ve heard about the blog and ping strategy to drive traffic to your main website, right? It is for this reason that blogs have taken a level of prominence in the online marketing world as powerful tools – nay – weapons that can help any internet marketer succeed in this industry.
Blogs, by their very nature, are the easiest, most accessible content management systems in the World Wide Web. And because they are easy to update, search engine spiders love articles them! Just run a search of any topic in any search engine and you’ll be greeted by blogs occupying the prime spots in the results pages.
Blogs also have a connectivity feature that is unparalleled in cyberspace. Other blog owners will link to you, even if you never invited them. Also, submit your blog to a blog directory and more people will link to your blog as well.
Blog entries can also be converted into RSS feeds automatically. This means the content syndication is made easier if you’re using your blog to launch your content.
But blogs are not just an internet marketer’s weapon to make his business prosper.
Blogs can also be monetized. They can become an income stream on their own, and an affective one at that. Given the traffic and the page rank that blogs command, it will be easy to imagine the earning potentials of these wonderful creations once they are optimized well for monetization purposes.
Here are 5 fabulous ways by which you can DIRECTLY earn from your blog.
- Use your blog in lieu of your sales page. You can actually pre-sell, or even directly sell, your products through the entries in your blog. This can be in the form of an announcement, or even a positive review or a strong recommendation. Since people are expected to flock on your blog, might as well create a channel by which you can instantly convert those visitors into paying customers.
- Don’t have your own products to sell? No problem. Sign up with any affiliate program over at http://www.clickbank.com , http://www.cj.com, http://www.linkshare.com or http://www.paydotcom.com and you will be given an appropriate affiliate link. You can promote this affiliate link through your blog entries and you can earn some generous commission for every sale you will manage to refer. Best of all, you can join as many affiliate programs as you’d like. You’re not limited to just one program. Each affiliate program you will join will provide an income stream for your web log.
- Integrate a PPC program to your blog. Enroll with AdSense or any other ad hosting services. You will get paid every time a visitor of yours will click on the ads that the service will display on your blog. And since you’re sure to generate a large volume of traffic for your blog, you’ll be able to win a lot of clicks and a lot of dollars to boot.
- Find sponsors. If you want a surefire income, build the reputation of your blog by regularly posting quality entries. Once you have achieved at least 50,000 unique visitors per month, and a page rank of at least 4 (quite easy by today’s standards), you can sell valuable real estate in your blog to some willing sponsors. An easy way of sourcing out some sponsors is by advertising in http://www.adbrite.com and displaying your blog’s relevant stats.
- Once you have achieved the reputation mentioned above, you can also sell links to other webmasters. Since your number of unique visitors will be high and your page rank will be desirable, your blog will be an important commodity for webmasters who are looking for quality links.